The 236th (The New Brunswick Kilties) Battalion,
was a unit in the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF)
during the First World War. Based in
Fredericton, New Brunswick and Camp Valcartier,
the unit began recruiting in the Spring of 1916
throughout Canada and the New England region in
the United States of America. After sailing to
England in November 1917, the battalion was
absorbed into the 20th Reserve Battalion, CEF in
March, 1918. The 236th (The New Brunswick
Kilties) Battalion, CEF was also known as the
"MacLean Kilties of America" or "Sir Sam's Own".
The Regimental Colors hang in the Great Hall at
Duart Castle, Isle of Mull, Scotland in the care
of the Chief of Clan McLean.